[chuck-users] How to compare strings?

Adam R. Tindale adamtindale at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 3 13:49:13 EDT 2005

Hi,

Right now string operations are quite limited. You can't cast strings,
as mentioned in an earlier post,  and you can't concatenate strings.
Right now strings are stored as object references. You can make this
work:

if (s==s)<<<"yes">>>;

But that isn't very useful.

String operations have become a popular item in demand and I think it
is on the queue for development.

I know this isn't a satisfactory answer but most of the dev team is in
Europe for ICMC and I thought I would try to give you an answer in the
interim.

--art