[chuck-users] heads up for 1.2.0.7

jesus gollonet listas at jesusgollonet.com
Mon Sep 11 15:30:54 EDT 2006

Ge Wang escribió:

>Hi Matt and Kassen!
>

>>I'd still prefer all lower case or even being case insensitive for
>>everything but user-defined stuff.
>>

>Some of us (me, for one) have a liking to lower case (and underscores)
>for some reason, which probably contributed to the existing lower case
>naming.  However, we also felt that uppercase names for other stuff
>(Object, Event, UGen, STK UGens) was best, too.  As we've all noted,
>this isn't so good for consistency.  Another case of on-the-fly API
>design...  After trying out the new uppercase system for a while (I had
>to convert all the examples and test them), it did grow on me.  Either
>that or I was delusional...

I'm totally the opposite, I like upperCase and don't like underscores,
but can get used to any convention, so I'm all for convention, and the
one that you suggested seems nice to me.

For that respect:

>>One area I'd like to include in this is ugen parameters. Right now
>>they are;
>>
>> LikeThis.likeThis
>>
>>for STK ones and
>>
>>LikeThis.like_this
>>

>Good idea.  Since we are making api changes, we should update these as
>well.  Thoughts from others?

I agree with that. It's better to do it now than later.

Best!

--
jesús gollonet
http://www.jesusgollonet.com/blog