[chuck-users] Mini-Audicle Crashing

Piero B. Contezini piero.contezini at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 18:59:33 EDT 2007

Hello,

Just reporting a little bug in mini-audicle, it seems that when I try to use
this code with a BCD2000 turntable, it just hangs up, the strangest thing is
that it crashes randomly, if I save the report from macos X could be
helpful?

The code:

public class input {
    int device;
    MidiIn min;
    MidiMsg msg;

    int knob_0[2];

    public void input(int dev) {
        dev => device;
        if( !min.open( device ) )  {
                <<< "erro ao iniciar device:" , device >>>;
        } else {
                <<< "device inicializado:" , min.num() , " -> " , min.name()
>>>;
        }
        [ 176 , 3 ] @=> knob_0;

    }

    public int poll() {
        while ( true ) {
                min => now;

// get the message(s)
               while( min.recv(msg) )
                   {
                       // print out midi message
                       <<< msg.data1, msg.data2, msg.data3 >>>;
                       msg.data1 => int msg_1;
                       msg.data2 => int msg_2;

                       <<< "cara: " , msg_1 >>>;
                       if ( msg_2 == knob_0[1] ) {
                               <<< "eh o cara" >>>;

};

input In;

In.input(1);

In.poll();

What I'm trying to do is figure out how exactly Chuck can handle input
events, my first tought was on building a linked list with the desired
function pointer to the button i want to map, but maybe the event classes
can do it better, anyone has the same way implementation issue?

Thanks

Piero

Obs: The bug is with miniAudicle 0.1.3.7c under MacOS X 10.4.9 Intel C2D