[chuck-users] a example of thinking on interface mapping

mike clemow gelfmuse at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 12:42:54 EDT 2008

Just as far as capturing the gesture of a shake is concerned, Kassen,
a 3-axis accelerometer might serve you well also.  Is that what
detects tilt in your joypad?  i seem to recall that the accelerometers
in those joypads aren't the greatest.  if shaking is important, you
might try a better accelerometer.

Also, you're right to try them out on your friends (or anyone on the
street for that matter).  Especially where interfaces are concerned,
people coming from a completely different place will tell you more
about your interface object just by using it that you could ever tell
yourself by testing it yourself.

Do you have any video of this yet?  I'd love to see it in action.

-mike

http://semiotech.org