[chuck-users] FLOSS (user editable) manual for ChucK

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 12:47:53 EST 2009

I'm sorting the UGens by type and functionality, dropping the emphasis on
ancestry (particularly the STK). This should lead to relevant UGens being
far easier to find. I am, of course, preserving the notes on where they came
from in the descriptions themselves and the STKInstruments are -of course-
in their own section as they are rather unique in function.

I already added LiSa (from the online docs) and will also add the various
Gen's. I think I'll also add CNoise, based on the reasoning that we should
be able to push the single line fix to it to cvs -and a future release- with
more ease than we'll be able to get this whole thing completely done and
looking acceptable in pdf format. Even without the fix CNoise generates
acceptable pink noise, albeit at a rather low amplitude.

All of this could be undone if there are cries of moral outrage.

As a side-note; I moved "Modulate" to the "oscillators" section as it's
basically a advanced lfo. The plain oscillators, however, have a .period(
dur ) member function that is especially useful for lfo usage. could we
consider adding this to Modulate as well?