[chuck-users] Diatonic tuning system

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sun May 3 13:26:53 EDT 2009

Hans;
> In order to illustrate that the octave needs not the interval ratio 2,

This is a very confusing sentence to me, roughly on par with "to
demonstrate a Km needs not consist of a hundred meters...". Could you
kindly link to a explanation of the why and how of this?

I'm quite interested in tunings but I know little about the
established theory and I thought the octave as a doubling in frequency
was the one thing I *could* depend on. Clearly this was naïve so it
would be nice to get a definition of "octave" from the perspective
that you're using.