[chuck-users] iPhone => ChucK

Mark Cerqueira mcerquei at princeton.edu
Sun May 10 18:10:12 EDT 2009

Hi all,
About a week ago I posted a message about one of many options,
OSCTouch, to use an iPhone/iPod Touch as an interface device via OSC
for musical performance. There were some responses on other apps that
could be used, OSCemote and Mrmr, so I got all of them and played
around with them. Fortunately, I also had a PLOrk final that involved
creating a new instrument so I figured I might as well give it a go
and see if I could get the iPhone to speak to ChucK directly.

Here is the final product: http://wiki.cs.princeton.edu/index.php/PLOrk2009/MarkCerqueiraFinalProject

I wrote a new class called OSCemote.ck that lets OSCemote speak
directly to ChucK. The wiki page has links to the code, sample files
to mess around with, implementation details, and known issues/future
work.

I figured some on this list could make good use of an iPhone that
talks to directly ChucK. Enjoy! Any feedback on improvements/issues
is, as always, very welcomed!

Best,
Mark