[chuck-users] chuck vs supercollider?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 07:33:30 EDT 2012

On 10 August 2012 04:11, David Ogborn <ogbornd at mcmaster.ca> wrote:
> Great answer - I'm going to save it and quote it whenever needed! :)

Thanks Dan & David,

Credit where it's due; this was more or less the conclusion of the
debates I had with SC expert James 'DewdropWorld' Harkins.
We found that the differences we and others with some expertise noted
didn't really matter at all for those picking up either language.
New users (who adopt either) simply seem to find that one is quite
straightforward and the other doesn't make a lot of sense. We didn't
notice any obvious structure or pattern in that. It's a interesting
phenomenon.

It'd be nice to try to figure out whether things like lessons or
online tutorials, examples or more experienced friends influence this.
What I can tell though is that passionate online debates don't seem to
have any effect on this at all; they can take away misconceptions
about what is possible but not change what people find fun or easy.