[chuck] Langage syntax

Philip Davidson philipd at alumni.princeton.edu
Tue Oct 5 12:02:53 EDT 2004

The current behavior of phase driven sync
uses the audio input signal as the value
used for the oscillator function, assuming that
our waveform is defined from 0.0 to 1.0,
It performs a lookup on the incoming value,
so in this case the frequency of the triosc has
no effect

There isn't yet a way to do exactly what you
have described. It is possible to use the '.phase'
argument to immediately set the phase to
a particular value.

triosc t => dac;
60.0 => t.freq;

while ( true )
	{
		0 => t.phase;
		0.01::second => now;
	}

This, however, doesn't follow a waveform.

I will keep your suggestion in mind, and hopefully
add this to a revision of the oscillator code.

Thank you for your interest in ChucK !