[chuck] on-the-fly performance video

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Thu Oct 21 20:46:29 EDT 2004

On Thursday 21 October 2004 12:12, Ge Wang wrote:
> projection performance at ffmup last tuesday.  We have a video
> recording of
> the thing (audio captured on poor stereo mic onboard consumer camera).
>
> http://on-the-fly.cs.princeton.edu/listen/  (third performance down)
>
> Feel free to comment, question, and call us idiots.

Absolutely wonderful to hear* and see some action from you
guys and ChucK. In fact the folder where the video is found
contains some gems... loved cicadapalooza.mov :)

A direct grab of the screen would be more useful as I could
not really work out the visuals. The video was great as a
"being there" experience but the learning input would be
enhanced with a direct screen grab and, say, some voice
over comments as well. Between a clear and readable screen
display, some comments, and the actual audio output all
captured to video, a novice user could pick up on ChucK
really easily (or easier).

*ironically the sound of the video would not work with
either mplayer or xine on my AMD64 box.

--markc