[chuck-dev] Anonymous CVS?

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Sat Dec 11 07:09:26 EST 2004

From: Ge Wang <gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU>
Subject: Re: [chuck-dev] Anonymous CVS?
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:55:26 -0500

> >> the v2 is the rewrite, and is currently rather uncompilable.
> >
> > I'll see what I can do about it.
>
> Don't worry about this yet - it isn't supposed to work, parts of
> the code have been replaced with new interfaces.  Sorry about
> the confusion.

OK. I hope you are moving all that stuff over to the src directory when it is
time.

Do you want a diff of what we have now?

There is a few additional hacks which I think we better diff in separately so
they could be considered by themselfs.

The autoconf/automake stuff does these changes:

1) Additional files.

Autoconf and Automake requires additional files and also requires a certain
infrastructure in files (existens of NEWS, INSTALL, README, AUTHORS, ChangeLog
etc. even if one can cheat-out but it's recommended and not very hard anyway).'
The traditional way of passing parameters is by using config.h (distributed as
config.h.in) which is what we also use.

2) Minimal change of files.

As a minimum, the config.h should be included wherever it may be needed.

3) Adaptation of configured parts.

Instead of the different make-files for different targets Hans setup a common
makefile, but then by using definitions in config.h (originating from the
configure script naturally) will the content of unused audio and midi drivers
be ifdef:ed out. In a similar sense is different placements of headers,
different interfaces etc. ifdefed in the same fashion. We have seen stuff that
happends in the current files which should be decided by the configue script
rather than in ifdef logic.

4) Added stuff.

I have added a man-page. Basically what was on the web "manesque", but adapted.
Automake magic installes it in the propper place.

Cheers,
Magnus