[chuck-dev] CVS commit pending... Autoconfuse almost done

Niklas bergtroll at gmx.li
Thu Dec 16 19:03:51 EST 2004

Hi => All,

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:49, Mikael Johansson wrote:
> We have now adapted the CVS snapshot from cvs.cs.princeton.edu to
> succesful builds with autoconf/automake.
Good on ya! Well done.
it builds on gentoo/ppc as well (autoconf-2.59, automake-1.9)

One comment:
it might be wise to put automake -a -c -f into HACKING instead of a simple
automake, this way you can make sure the files are actually corresponding
to the actual version used by the system...

and.. the configure.in probably needs to check for the various headers and
libs/functions more thoroughly to make it more robust.

my autoscan wants all those:

AC_CHECK_FUNCS([bzero])
AC_CHECK_FUNCS([floor])
AC_CHECK_FUNCS([ftruncate])