[chuck-dev] CVS commit pending... Autoconfuse almost done

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Thu Dec 16 21:58:30 EST 2004

From: Ge Wang <gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU>
Subject: Re: [chuck-dev] CVS commit pending... Autoconfuse almost done
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 18:38:54 -0500

Ge,

> On Dec 16, 2004, at 5:49 PM, Mikael Johansson wrote:
>
> > We have now adapted the CVS snapshot from cvs.cs.princeton.edu to
> > succesful builds with autoconf/automake.
>
> Whoa, this is awesome.
>
> We should wait for a few more days to integrate - we are working to
> complete v2.

Cool!

> Having the autofunstuff in chuck 1.2.0.0 will be a natural and very
> welcome evolution.

Let's make sure it works well enought on most if not all platforms. If we can't
make it all platforms, let's fix it soon thereafter.

> Let's continue to correspond as the release date approaches.  There will also
> be small changes to several ugen/ulib files in v2, I will check with you
> guys before making the changes to ensure correctness.

OK. We meet physically at least once a week, so we can discuss it locally if
needed, but at least two of us is on this list anyway.

> I haven't tried this yet, will src build in Visual Studio under Win32?

We don't know. *NIX and an odd OSX box is where we are good. We have a bunch of
Windows-boxes around, like my laptop etc., but none of them is being considered
"for serious use" that is development. We've tried Mingw and failed. Earlier
attempts to use Cygwin for any development has left us with some bad
experience. In short, it's now our main attention and area of expertise. We are
happy to use any knowledge you other guys have and integrate it into the
autoconfuse/autofake world properly, but we just don't know that stuff very
well. We are trying to figure things out thought.

> Also, would you advise putting #include "config.h" in chuck_def, which
> everything else includes (instead of referring to config.h from all files)?

Hmm... not really.

> Thank you and stacken very much.

We are not done here! ;O)

Cheers,
Magnus - just home from the traditional Stacken-evening