[chuck-dev] gain ugen segmentation fault

Matthew Shanley mshanley at alum.rpi.edu
Mon Jul 12 19:15:51 EDT 2004

Sorry for that stupid mistake, I haven't used gdb before. Anyway, when I
continued through a few times, it played my test file fine. I tried
running ChucK outside of gdb and it also ran fine. (I have yet to do
extensive testing though). I'm not sure what the -o3 flag pertains to,
but it seems like removing it makes chuck work perfectly for me. Since
this seems to be more about my system and gcc than about being on
gentoo, I'm running kernel 2.6.5-r7 (gentoo-dev), and gcc 3.3.3 (gentoo
3.3.3-r6).

matt

Ge Wang wrote:
| Let's move this back to chuck-dev...
|
| Ge!
|
| On Jul 12, 2004, at 1:22 AM, n++k wrote:
|
| Yes, sorry about that, you need to type 'c <enter>' a few times before
| getting
| to the real crash.
|
| /wrote Niklas Werner <bergtroll at gmx.li> [Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:03:25 +1200]
|
| |On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:25, Matthew Shanley wrote:
| |> Sorry for the delay, I had to go out of town for the weekend.
| |
| |> Program received signal SIG32, Real-time event 32.
| |> 0x402f79f4 in pthread_getconcurrency () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
| |>

| |> Is this helpful?
| |not really.
| |You might want to type "where" or "bt" after the crash, as Nicolas
| already
| |wrote... This shows the whole trace of the function calls leading to the
| |crash.
| |
| |I can run your example without worries on my gentoo machine, btw. (ppc)
| |
| |random ideas:
| |- recent compiler upgrade and glibc not re-emerged?
| |- different compiler used for alsa/kernel and chuck?
| |
| |(c++ can be very bitchy about different binary interfaces...)
| |
| |Cheers,
| |
| |Niklas