[chuck-dev] Re: The ChucK Manual prerelease

Adam Tindale adamtindale at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 22 23:04:32 EST 2005

Hi,

I still don't have well-formed thoughts here. My preference is to
have people people modify the cvs tree and send diffs or patches. I
am assuming that people on the dev list have been accessing cvs
anonymously if they haven't been given accounts. The manual is in doc/
manual/

It is all done in latex. As much as I would love to put it up on the
wiki, it would take a lot of work to extract it and reformat it.

Another issue. What is the wiki for? I am inclined to have the manual
and html docs be for reference and the wiki be a place for people to
post their patches and discuss bugs and workarounds and community-
based things.

I am very excited about having help and feedback on the docs. None of
what I am saying is meant to poopoo any ideas, I just don't have
time to do the convert and then manage the docs in three places...

--art