[chuck-dev] A couple of bugs (example programs)

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+chuck at mega-nerd.com
Sat Oct 22 17:22:49 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm playing with some of the example programs shipped with chuck
and see the following:

    erikd at miles > chuck -r44100 hanoi.ck
    Segmentation fault

and:

    erikd at miles > chuck -r44100 hanoi++.ck
    move disk from peg 1  ->  peg 2
    move disk from peg 1  ->  peg 3
    move disk from peg 2  ->  peg 3
    move disk from peg 1  ->  peg 3
    move disk from peg 2  ->  peg 3
    "done!" : (string)
    *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x103158f0 ***
    Aborted

Are the chuck developers aware of valgrind ( http://valgrind.kde.org/ )?
Its a really useful tool for tracking down a sqashing bugs like this
before thy result in things like seg fauls.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo
"Even Napoleon had his Watergate" -- Michael Spautz