[chuck-dev] JACK correctness part IX (callback vs. blocking)

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon Sep 26 11:55:31 EDT 2005

Greetings!

On the recommendation of Dave Robillard, Florian Schmidt, and other
Linux audio developers, we have implemented callback functionality for
real-time audio, while keeping the blocking functionality.  Both are
accessible using command line flags (--callback vs. --blocking).  The
default is callback.  Perhaps not surprisingly, this is much more
stable for small buffersize on all platforms except windows
directsound.  Hopefully, it is a step in the right direction for
alleviating problems running chuck under Linux/JACK.

The newest version is in CVS:

     cvs -d :ext:anon-chuck at cvs.cs.princeton.edu:/cvs checkout chuck_dev
     password: (hit enter)

The code is in chuck_dev/v2/

I must admit that I don't know Jack and would like to ask Linux/Jack
users here to give it a spin under various conditions.  Please let us
know how things fare.  Dave, Florian, Leonard - can you guys give this
a try?

Thank you very much!

Best,
Ge!