[chuck-dev] JACK correctness part IX (callback vs. blocking)

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Wed Sep 28 01:21:08 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-26-09 at 11:55 -0400, Ge Wang wrote:
> I must admit that I don't know Jack and would like to ask Linux/Jack
> users here to give it a spin under various conditions.  Please let us
> know how things fare.  Dave, Florian, Leonard - can you guys give this
> a try?

It's working muuch better: chuck --loop and adding/removing rapidly with
a heavily loaded system (doomed to horrible death before), not an xrun
to be found.

There is still that mutex being locked in RtApiJack::callbackEvent which
will cause problems (mostly with many jack clients running)  Is it even
necessary?  I can't see any immediately obvious reason why it needs to
be there, but admittedly I havn't looked very thoroughly.

Pedanticness aside - nice work.  I can't seem to actually find your
callback anywhere though - it looks like you're passing a NULL callback
(via the default param value) to all the initialisation functions to me
(it's a bit twisty to navigate).  Where's the actual chuck DSP callback
live?

Cheers,

-DR-