[chuck-dev] ChucK plugin for PD

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 16:50:16 EDT 2006

On 10/16/06, Mike McGonagle <mjmogo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any plan to allow ChucK to have its audio generation turned off?

Well, there is no real reason to use any Ugen's if all you need is MIDI, OSC
and HID input, that's already quite nice, usable and not that expensive on
the CPU.

ChucK audio *is* relatively heavy on the cpu but the default buffer is set
quite low compared to other programs which affects things (resetting the
buffer size on Win currently results in errors though). I had some good
results with toning the sample rate down to 22KHz but that might not be
suitable for your needs? For me it cost only a octave and gained me about
half the cpu time but my own work is notoriously moody in tone and I hardly
use that octave at all.

Kas.