[chuck-dev] chuck-dev Digest, Vol 27, Issue 2

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Mon Feb 12 19:38:13 EST 2007

From: Perry R Cook <prc at CS.Princeton.EDU>
Subject: Re: [chuck-dev] chuck-dev Digest, Vol 27, Issue 2
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:05:16 -0500 (EST)

Perry,

> Here's the happy announcement:
>
> Ge Wang will present his preFPO on Friday February 16 at 2:00pm in
> Room 402.
>
> The members of his committee are: Perry Cook, advisor; Andrew Appel and
> Roger Dannenberg (Carnegie Mellon), readers; Paul Lansky and Brian
> Kernighan, non-readers.  Everyone is invited to attend his talk.  His
> abstract follows below.
> -------------------------------------
>
> ChucK + Audicle: Strongly-timed, On-the-fly Audio Programming Language
> and Environment

Once upon a time, in a world not to distant from ours, there was this big magic
thing called the net. The übergeeks and other fellow sourceres had their own
little thinge they called the Mbone onto which their talks went and they fooled
around. Mbone used this magic thing called Multicast (much to blame for it all
is that culprit Steve Deering - nice chap). Since Princeton is not a cardrive
away, it would be nice if the talk hit the net somehow. As the dark ages hit,
Mbone cracled up and we have to resort to various server solutions instead of
this pearl, but maybe you have the abilities?

Cheers,
Magnus - had the pleasure to dance a few dances with the big lads back in the days