[chuck-dev] chuck-dev Digest, Vol 27, Issue 2

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Mon Feb 12 20:14:13 EST 2007

From: Perry R Cook <prc at CS.Princeton.EDU>
Subject: Re: [chuck-dev] chuck-dev Digest, Vol 27, Issue 2
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:54:06 -0500 (EST)

Perry,

> I fear that Ge would rather this particular part of public humliation (even
> though many of our live-coding ChucK performances had resulted in
> more carnage) not be too publicized.

Well, if I had the oppertunity I would sneak in at the back and just listen in.
I was hoping to do the same on a more virtual fashion.

> I think it's actually against Princeton (remember, 250 year old University
> here) protocol to broadcast these "private" exams.  sigh....  We'll just
> force him to compose some special 1-line<80char compositions using bugs in
> ChucK that won't work then the new releases come out.

Well, I did ask at least.

As for rules, they are meant to be bent or broken.

You *DO* know you can't program music in realtime, don't you? ;)
How would that look? We just can't allow it, now can we?

As for programming on bugs, we look forward to obfuscated chuck contest, using
bugs which have not been introduced just yeat.

Cheers,
Magnus