[chuck-dev] Asio Build and "Debug Assertion Failed" Error.

Dylan Miller dylan at speakeasy.org
Wed Jun 20 21:36:30 EDT 2007

>It seems that Chuck_Array4::zero() in chuck_oo create a "Debug Assertion
>Failed" Error. The Microsoft vector class is complaining about "vector
>subscript out of range". I am using VS2005.

For what it's worth, I got the exact same error after building with Visual
Studio 2005 and trying to run some of the example files. I then built with
Visual C++ 6.0 and the problem went away.

I assume it's the std::vector class it's complaining about. The STL
implementation in VS 2005 is completely different than VC++ 6.0, so it
wouldn't surprise me if there are STL-related issues with VS 2005 builds if
the ChucK code has only been tested with VC++ 6.0.

Dylan