[chuck-dev] Data Structures in ChucK

samuel lenz banina sbanina at nd.edu
Tue Nov 27 12:07:08 EST 2007

Dear ChucK Team,

First of all, thank you for such a fun piece of software.  It's
getting hard to count the number of hours I've joyfully wiled away
using ChucK.
I'm a CS major at Notre Dame and I'm looking for ways to improve use
of data structures in an open source project for a class.  I've been
digging through the ChucK and audicle codebases looking for things to
improve, and amongst the many files I know I didn't catch everything.
So my question is, as developers, are there particular uses of maps,
lists, trees, hashes, etc. which you know to be sub-optimal?  I've
found a couple usages I may be able to tweak, but if I could focus my
energy somewhere that could actually use it, all the better.  (Who
knows, if it's a good improvement maybe it'll make it back upstream?)

Thanks in advance for any pointers you can send my way.

Keep on ChucKing,
Samuel Banina