[chuck-dev] initial patch for 64-bit

Stephen Sinclair radarsat1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 11:26:36 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/8/29 Stephen Sinclair <radarsat1 at gmail.com>
>>
>> or is this just completely uninteresting?
>
> It sounds absolutely great to me. Actually I thought about posting that in
> response to your original post but wondered if sending "Go Stephen, Go
> Stephen, Go Stephen!" would be appropriate for the dev-list. ;¬)
>
> I don't anticipate 64 bit CPU's will be getting less popular any time soon
> so I can't imagine how this could be uninteresting.

Ha, well i decided to post a partially completed patch for a few reasons:

1) I'm running out of 'summer time' to continue working on it, with
the semester starting next week.
2) I hit a bit of a brick wall with the real-time issues, and need help.
3) It's generally better to communicate with other developers
throughout a process rather than patch-bombing, and this 64-bit stuff
is resulting in somewhat large patches.

But I'm currently a bit confused whether the ChucK devs actually read
and use this list, since there is obviously work being done on ChucK
but I see no information about it, and no one responded to my patch.
If not, I'm just wondering if there's a more appropriate place to
discuss ChucK development or to at least submit patches.

Steve