[chuck-dev] chuckian time as continuations

Tom Lieber lieber at princeton.edu
Sat Oct 11 11:30:01 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 2:05 PM, Stephen Sinclair <radarsat1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I posted a blog entry about some thoughts on ChucK's concept of time
> and how it relates to programming languages and VMs..
>
> http://www.music.mcgill.ca/~sinclair/content/blog/chuckian_time_as_continuations
>
> Thought I may as well post it here, in case it's interesting ...
> (reply here, I don't have discussions enabled on my blog..)

I implemented a subset of ChucK's functionality in Ruby using continuations:

  http://github.com/AllTom/ruck/tree/master

It's all Ruby so there is no live audio out, and Ruby is too slow to
add it without moving parts to C. It does have WavOut and several of
the simpler UGens, though.

--
Tom Lieber
http://AllTom.com/