[chuck-dev] cvs repo

Stephen Sinclair radarsat1 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 17:37:54 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Ge Wang <ge at ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Hi Steve!
>
> On Wed, 6 May 2009, Stephen Sinclair wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Ge Wang <ge at ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Steve!
>>>
>>> Thanks for the email - which CVS repo are you referring to?  We have been
>>> adding to chuck_dev/v2/, and there is much code that haven't been integrated
>>> yet (this is due to time and the bottleneck that is me).  As far as interest
>>> goes, we are as fired up as ever.
>>
>> Okay, good to know!  The CVS repo I'm referring to is:
>>
>> :ext:anon-chuck at cvs.cs.princeton.edu:/cvs, looking at module "chuck_dev".
>>
>> I thought this was the main development area.  But, on a fresh
>> checkout, the last commit as far as I can tell (not used to the CVS
>> log format anymore..) is:
>>
>> RCS file: /cvs/chuck_dev/v2/examples/io/write.ck,v
>> Working file: examples/io/write.ck
>> head: 1.1
>> branch:
>> locks: strict
>> access list:
>> symbolic names:
>> keyword substitution: kv
>> total revisions: 1;     selected revisions: 1
>> ----------------------------
>> revision 1.1
>> date: 2008/10/04 20:42:48;  author: gw-chuck;  state: Exp;
>> *** empty log message ***
>>
>> I feel like I'm missing something if you are indeed working on it still.
>
> Indeed, this is one of the main development area.  It's true that things
> have been a bit crazy, which may explain the long lag in check-in time on
> the chuck_dev repo.  Also underway: miniAudicle, Rebecca's wekinator
> (http://wekinator.cs.princeton.edu/), Matt's chuck-in framework (to be
> integrated), and quite a few others at Princeton, Stanford, and elsewhere.
> Spencer and I are in the process of releasing a new version soon as well.
>
> I realize I continue to be a bottleneck on a lot of this.  The upcoming
> chuck-in plug-in framework that Matt Hoffman has created should alleviate
> much of that.  And yes, still hoping to find a way to incorporate code and
> changes into the chuck source tree from the community at large.
>
> I hope this helps!  Thanks again!

Okay, cool thanks for the update.  I've been running a mirroring
script in a cron job on my computer to keep this git repo up to date
if you're interested:

http://repo.or.cz/w/chuck-blob.git

Nice thing is that there is a 'mob' branch allowing anyone to
contribute commits that can then be integrated into the master branch
by a maintainer.  At the moment nothing new has been contributed
however.

(I'm also pretty busy.. ;-)

Anyways, just so you know about it, in case anyone would find it a
good way to track and maintain their changes to ChucK before they are
integrated to the main repo.

Steve