[chuck-dev] Compiling under FreeBSD

benny linux at marcrenearns.de
Mon Oct 19 20:35:40 EDT 2009

Hi Raimundo,

I got chuck-1.2.1.2 (the cli program) working for FreeBSD 7.2 by
disabling the gui stuff and some other changes.

You can do the following to check it out:

wget http://stridor.net/upload/chuck-1.2.1.2.tgz
gtar -xzf chuck-1.2.1.2.tgz
cd chuck-1.2.1.2 && wget http://stridor.net/upload/freebsd.patch
patch -d src -u -p1 < freebsd.patch
cd src && gmake freebsd
# and as root (copies the binary to /usr/bin)
gmake install

It should work - at least on FreeBSD 7.2
Perhaps someone (you?) could review the patch and put it upstream /
integrate it with chuck-1.2.1.3

I am not really familiar with C nor make, just did a bit trial and error
(mixing of the MacOSX and linux-oss options) that happened to work.

You need libsndfile on FreeBSD
Hope that helps.

Perhaps you want to make a regular port of it?

Best Regards,
Benny