[chuck-dev] Compiling under FreeBSD

Raimundo Santos raitech at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 13:14:44 EDT 2009

2009/10/19 benny <linux at marcrenearns.de>:
> Hi Raimundo,

Hey, Benny!!!

Many Many Thanks
To Benny
Who Make The Patch!

:)

It compiled well under fbsd8.0rc1 in the chuck 1.2.1.2, but the .ck
scripts I have to run use FileIO like a class, and, as I got it, this
feature exists only from 1.2.1.3. =/

> I got chuck-1.2.1.2 (the cli program) working for FreeBSD 7.2 by disabling
> the gui stuff and some other changes.

Nice to know it.

> You can do the following to check it out:
>

> wget http://stridor.net/upload/chuck-1.2.1.2.tgz
> gtar -xzf chuck-1.2.1.2.tgz
> cd chuck-1.2.1.2 && wget http://stridor.net/upload/freebsd.patch
> patch -d src -u -p1 < freebsd.patch
> cd src && gmake freebsd
> # and as root (copies the binary to /usr/bin)
> gmake install

I prefer not to put things system-wide, when I can. I have put it in ~/bin :D

> It should work - at least on FreeBSD 7.2
> Perhaps someone (you?) could review the patch and put it upstream /
> integrate it with chuck-1.2.1.3

Hey, it is a big adventure for me!!! I will try for some weeks. How I
have said: I am not so practice on hacking and programming SO
especific things. But in the BSD way, I think it could be easy.

> I am not really familiar with C nor make, just did a bit trial and error
> (mixing of the MacOSX and linux-oss options) that happened to work.
>
> You need libsndfile on FreeBSD
> Hope that helps.
>
> Perhaps you want to make a regular port of it?

Not yet, I am rawraw-boy... ;)

The best for us all,
raitech