[chuck-dev] Compiling under FreeBSD

benny linux at marcrenearns.de
Wed Oct 21 10:32:24 EDT 2009

Ok Raimundo,

thank you for your feedback. You motivated me to try to patch
chuck-1.2.1.3. And while it took a bit of time, I finally got it to
compile :)

Be aware that near to nothing from the util_hid.cpp file will work
(mouse-support, keyboard, joystick etc)

Please try it out on Freebsd 8 (I have tried 7.2 only) and see if it
works for you (didn't check FileIO).

BTW: I am running on 32bit and you?

Please keep in mind, that I did this only by accident and have almost no
clue of the consequences of my changes except that the hid methods are
simply disabled in order to compile.

So the procedure is now:

wget http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/release/files/chuck-1.2.1.3.tgz
gtar -xzf chuck-1.2.1.3.tgz
wget http://stridor.net/upload/chuck-1.2.1.3.freebsd.patch
cd chuck-1.2.1.3 && patch -d src -u -p1 < ../chuck-1.2.1.3.freebsd.patch
cd src && gmake freebsd
# you might omit this step and copy the chuck file somewhere else
gmake install

Best Regards,
Benny