[chuck-dev] Fwd: Oh no, I fixed it: log level bug.

Andrew C. Smith acsmith at willamette.edu
Thu Oct 22 18:27:21 EDT 2009

>> What is the problem with using the STK .h and .cpp files "as is" in Chuck?

Just to be clear: RtAudio.cpp/.h are the same in both the ChucK and
standard versions--we're talking about the ModalBar, Envelope, FM etc.
UGens, right?

>> around to it by December but I see no rush, as those functions are still
>> supported until at least the next major OS release.

Well, I asked in part because I was trying to work on the ChucK
functions to iron the errors out of building toward the 10.6 SDK.
Also, I ended up writing some stuff that wouldn't work with 10.5 SDK
because of new Cocoa methods, and wouldn't work on 10.6 because of the
RtAudio methods. I feel like I managed to hack it to just omit the
problem functions, but I can't seem to find that modified RtAudio.cpp
file...

In case you don't have Snow Leopard, or you're not working on it yet,
the functions that are deprecated are AudioHardwareGetProperty,
AudioDeviceSetProperty, AudioHardwareGetPropertyInfo,
AudioDeviceGetProperty, AudioDeviceGetPropertyInfo,
AudioStreamGetProperty, AudioStreamSetProperty, and
AudioDeviceAddPropertyListener. It seems like a pretty small set of
functions, and nothing very complicated at all--just setter and getter
methods that I would assume are replaced by @property and @synthesize,
but who knows. My ugly hack involved using your playsaw program to
probe for devices, then just using those property values as constants
to drive my code. Um, I can't say it ever worked, though.

Thanks, Gary, I didn't expect you to necessarily be listening in.
Should be careful what I say on this list.

Andrew