[chuck-dev] Fwd: Oh no, I fixed it: log level bug.

Andrew C. Smith acsmith at willamette.edu
Fri Oct 23 22:02:24 EDT 2009

Thanks a lot, both to Ge and to Gary, and everyone else as well. It
helps a lot, at least for me, to just hear a little bit of explanation
of the source code's intentions, since it's sometimes difficult to
tell what's going on with all of the larger ChucKian structures
defined in various .h files.

Glancing through the STK updates, stuff like Granulate would be
awesome to see in ChucK--it would capitalize on the language's ability
for quick sketches (via STK) which is (in my opinion) right up there
with its sample-level control as one of the best design features/goals
in ChucK.

I finally got a dynamic library compiled, and some functions that pull
samples through CoreAudio into a Cocoa program. Thanks especially to
both Gary and Brad Garton, for the chuck~ object which I took as a
sort of template. This has 1.2.1.3, though--I'm not sure what kind of
environment I'm going for, but something toy-like that can be packaged
as a standalone. Right now it just plays a sine wave, but once I get
something cool working I'll send it along.

Andrew