[chuck-dev] Are patches against tgz or CVS code preferred?

R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Tue Sep 15 18:46:15 EDT 2009

I'm working on a project using chuck that will involve making changes to
the chuck code over the next couple of weeks. We'll be doing some work
to expand the MIDI support and I'd like to be able to submit those
changes back upstream. I'm curious which code developers would prefer
patches against:

1. The chuck-1.2.1.2.tgz file available from:
 http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/release/

or

2. The CVS repository accessible with:

cvs -d :ext:anon-chuck at cvs.cs.princeton.edu:/cvs checkout chuck_dev

The contents of the /v2 directory look like chuck and there's a VERSIONS
file in /notes/VERSIONS that indicates it's chuck v1.3.1.3

Any recommendations on which I should start from? is the v1.3.1.3 stable
enough for general use or just a development branch? What's the time
frame for releasing v1.3.1.3? It looks like there aren't any MIDI
changes listed, so would we be ok modifying the v1.2.1.2 code and
submitting patches from that?

Thanks!

-Steve

--