[chuck-dev] Jack + ChucK => oodles of error messages

Daniel Chapiro dchapiro at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 20:53:31 EDT 2015

Hi - I hope someone has run into this before. After I installed Jack (to use with Faust, not with Chuck), each time that Chuck runs, it issues a bunch of error messages. If Jack is running, the list of errors is several pages long. If Jack is not running, I get:

JAR: Blacklisted client Xquartz
JAR: Blacklisted client Terminal
JAR: Blacklisted client loginwindow
JAR: Blacklisted client Xcode
JAR: Blacklisted client SystemUIServer
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JAR: jack server not running or rejected client

In either case ChucK seems to run OK. Is this a bug, or is there something that I can do to avoid these messages?

Thanks!
Daniel