[chuck-dev] SinOsc calculations

vilbjørg broch vilbjorg at antidelusionmechanism.org
Fri Sep 18 09:01:04 EDT 2015

On Sep 18, 2015, at 8:20 AM, Spencer Salazar wrote:

> Thats correct- SinOsc is just a naive implementation of a sine wave. I don't know that there is a reason for this other than simplicity.

Hello chuck list

this is relating to the sine wave, perhaps a good moment to share this
I have spent quite some time working with what I call a circular wave , which is like a sine wave. It is based on an ancient parametrization of the unit circle ( from pythagorean triples ) and the algebra of complex numbers.  It all comes from ideas by mathematician NJ Wildberger.
To be really efficient this needs implementation on lower level, but I myself do not have a background in computer science . I just updated the pdf to include homogeneous coordinates. If anyone ever goes further with this I would be curious to hear about it. There is an email in the pdf

http://antidelusionmechanism.org/files/CircularWave.pdf

much greetings
Vilbjørg