[chuck-users] warning: the use of 'tmpnam' is dangerous, better use 'mkstemp'

Spencer Salazar ssalazar at princeton.edu
Wed Dec 14 21:18:17 EST 2005

if my suspicion is correct, that warning is due to a use of the tmpnam
() in presently undocumented (and thus unused) chuck "shell"
functionality.  so, for now, any dangers involving tmpnam() are
highly unlikely to arise in normal usage of the current chuck
distribution.  This warning should probably be fixed when chuck shell
is officially "released."

spencer