[chuck-users] The ChucK Manual prerelease

Adam Tindale adamtindale at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 14 21:35:54 EST 2005

Hi All,

I have been working on the manual for almost a year. It is nearing
"completion". Some of you may have seen it in cvs. You can get your
copy here:

http://web.uvic.ca/~art/chuck/ChucK_manual.pdf

I am making a public plea for help. The manual needs your help,
fellow ChucKer. What needs to be documented? Do you have ideas? Do
you know what all the values of the UGens are? The manual should help
you use ChucK better. I hope to put it out in the wild "soon", in the
truest ChucK sense of soon...

I will take patches in plain text or .diff files.  I will take
criticism or abuse or ideas. I am more than happy to typeset text,
but I only have so much time to write up tutorials, etc. If you have
an idea for a tutorial, get it started and then I can finish it off
when I merge it to the docs.

The manual is done with LaTeX. If you or someone you know wants to
help with that part of the manual it would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy. I look forward to you comments.

--art