[chuck-users] help needed

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Sun Nov 27 21:41:51 EST 2005

Hi Atte!

> 1) In sine.ck: listen() never recieves any messages. What am I doing
> wrong? Is my definition of the InstrMsg class screwed?

I think the problem was that the event that broadcast in Zone.listen()
is not the same one that InstrSine.listen() is waiting on.  I have
attached a slightly revised version which seems to work here.  Most of
the changes is in Zone.  For clarity, I also capitalized the class
names and prepend some member variables with 'm_'.

> 2) I would like to spork a member objects function (in zone.ck) but I
> get a  [chuck](VM): NullPointerException: shred[id=5:spork~exp:(2)],
> PC=[137269484] if I try to. Isn't that possible or am I getting
> something wrong?

I think this is a bug in chuck: sporking a member function from inside
another function.  Sorry about that!  The work around is to spork a
non-member function and pass it the appropriate data.  We plan to have
it fixed soon.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Ge!