[chuck-users] i/o and networking from chuck

Tennessee Leeuwenburg tennessee at tennessee.id.au
Tue Nov 29 18:29:49 EST 2005

I would like to wire up some inputs into chuck based on information I've
scraped from (for examples) a weather website, a share trading website
and a "new mail" notification tool. I'd like to trigger musical sounds
based on incoming information.

There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to do this. I don't know enough
about chuck to know whether it's bootstrapped onto another language and
could gain access to its libraries, or what other ways there might be to
skin the cat. I guess I could try generating chuck code from another
language which does have i/o libraries.

Does anyone here have an opinion?

Cheers,
-T