[chuck-users] Help with arrays?

Vassili Slessarenko urbanmuzak at urbanplexus.net
Tue Oct 18 13:59:44 EDT 2005

Nobody really uses jankyteeth/soup anymore. SO i figured I'd ask here:

I can still not quite figure out how to do random choice wihtout
replacement... I seem to have gotten one of the ways of doing it, but
need help to make it not crash the spork. Here is the actual code. After
all the effects it tries to randomly select pieces out of a sound file
and then plays them at random speeds, etc. so you get a very weird
reconstructed sound... feed it any sound file that the soundbuf class
understands. The main part I'm having trouble with is the main
while(true) loop. Could someone help me out to make this thing work
without crashing chuck?

click here: http://urbanplexus.net/reconstructor.ck