[chuck-users] Help with arrays?

Adam R. Tindale adamtindale at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 18 22:59:45 EDT 2005

Hi,

This is a common mistake. Arrays in ChucK are indexed from 0 -> N-1. So
if you have an array that has 256 pieces, like your patch, the indexes
are from 0 - 255. The problem you are encountering in your main loop is
that std.rand2 is returning a number between 0 and 256 - INCLUDING 256.
If you change that line to this:

     std.rand2(0, pieces-1) => piece;

then everything will work out just fine. I have it running and
crackling just fine on osx.

Happy ChucKing.

--art