[chuck-users] chuck beginner

Adam R. Tindale adamtindale at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 19 01:46:54 EDT 2005

Hi,

> 2. Is it possible to trigger ChucK with MIDI? I get the MIDI ports
> listed
> under the --probe. And would it be also possible to sync ChucK with
> another
> MIDI aplication, say MTC or something like that? Did anyone already
> write a
> ck for that?

As far as I am aware ChucK does not deal with sysex, timing or active
sensing. ChucK uses the RtMidi library and by default those functions
are turned off and I can't find anywhere in the source where they are
turned back on. Ge?

So, for syncing to another app it depends how you do that. You could
send midi messages from  your other program and have chuck wait on
those events. You could trigger samples or patches or events or
whatever you want. That is the power of ChucK! Without knowing what it
is you are trying to sync with or what you want to do, that is my first
suggestion. Let us know how you are using ChucK :)

I hope this answers your question.