[chuck-users] Minimal example not working.

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+chuck at mega-nerd.com
Wed Oct 19 17:04:19 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm just trying to get a minimal example going. I've currently
got this:

    sinosc s => dac;
    440. => s.freq;

    while(true){
        1::second => now;
    }

When I run it I get:

    [chuck]: RtApi: no devices found for given stream parameters.
    [chuck]: cannot initialize audio device (try using --silent/-s)

I compiled chuck to run using linux-alsa and I'm running it on
an Apple iBook running Debian Linux. ALSA is know to work correctly
on this machine.

Any help appreciated.

Erik