[chuck-users] Minimal example not working.

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+chuck at mega-nerd.com
Thu Oct 20 00:18:25 EDT 2005

Ge Wang wrote:

> Hi Erik!
>
> Welcome! (and thanks for libsndfile!)

No problem :-).

> This may be a sample-rate issue.  ChucK defaults to 48000 Hz on Linux
> (only), but if you are running linux on Mac hardware, perhaps only 44100
> is supported by the soundcard?  Try:
>
>      %> chuck --srate44100 foo.ck
>
>      or
>
>      %> chuck -r44100 foo.ck
>
> Let us know if this helps.

Much better. Now I get a nice clean undistorted sine wave, but when
I hit control-C I get:

    [chuck]: cleaning up...
    Illegal instruction

Not a major problem but it could be a sign of a problem elsewhere.

So, is there a way to tell chuck to use a different default
sample rate other than the command line? A config file maybe?

Cheers,
Erik