[chuck-users] Bus error when defining two vars of the same type and on the same line in a class

eduard eduard.aylon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 17:41:23 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I am getting Bus error when I define two member vars of the same type
and on the same line in classes.

example code:

public class foo_class
{
     float a, b;    <-------- line causing the problem.

     fun void div(float x, float y)
     {
           x => a;
           y => b;
            <<< "result: ", x/y >>>;
      }

} // end_of_foo_class

// instantiation:
foo_class foo;

// call function: here comes the problem
foo.div();

The problem arises when any member function is called. No problems at
all when instantiating.

However if one replaces the line " float a,b; " by separate
declarations of a and b then it works fine, thus:
   float a;
   float b;

I've not been able to reproduce the error when float a, b; is
declared outside of a class. Thus the following works ok:

float a, b;

  fun void div(float x, float y)
  {
           x => a;
           y => b;
            <<< "result: ", x/y >>>;
  }

while( true ) div( std.rand2f(0.0001, 1), std.rand2f(0.0001,1) );

Eduard