[chuck-users] How to compare strings?

Manfred Brockhaus manfred.brockhaus at chello.at
Sun Sep 4 08:34:35 EDT 2005

I figured out that 'associative arrays' can be used for string
comparison, ie. by associating unique numbers with the strings to be
checked. For example

	int x[0];
	1 => x["abc"];
	2 => x["def"];

Now a string variable s can be checked for equality by writing

	if(x[s]==x["abc"])...

Note that this works without explicit use of the numbers.

-mb