[chuck-users] ChucK on Intel Mac

akihiro kubota akihiro.kubota at nifty.com
Sun Apr 2 08:56:39 EDT 2006

hello.

> From: Ge Wang <gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU>
> Date: April 1, 2006 10:31:35 AM JST
> Subject: Re: [chuck-users] ChucK on Intel Mac
> users at lists.cs.princeton.edu>
>

>> When does 1.2.0.6 come out?
>
> It depends on the features that gets implemented.  We are focusing
> on garbage collection and string manipulation.  If we can get a
> significant feature done before both of those, there could be an
> intermediate release.
>
>> ----- from make osx with latest chuck from website ----
>> /var/tmp//ccfsAgZJ.s:20471:no such 386 instruction: `fctiw'
>> /var/tmp//ccfsAgZJ.s:20472:no such 386 instruction: `stfd'
>> /var/tmp//ccfsAgZJ.s:20496:no such 386 instruction: `fctiw'
>> /var/tmp//ccfsAgZJ.s:20497:no such 386 instruction: `stfd'
>> /var/tmp//ccfsAgZJ.s:20576:no such 386 instruction: `fctiw'
>
> Hmm.  I think we need a bit more information than that...  This
> looks like errors in some assembly stubs somewhere, but is it the
> beginning of the error?  If you can track down the beginning that
> would be most helpful. We don't have any intel macs around yet, so
> it's a bit hard to test...

please make and install libsndfile and SDL(build using Xcode and copy
SDL.framework to /Library/Frameworks) on Intel Mac and uncomment the
following prt of makefile.osx.
then you can make CHucK 1.2.0.5 successfully. it works fine on my
macbook pro.

=====

------
# by default, ChucK uses a pre-configured libsndfile...
# uncomment the next 3 lines to use libsndfile on your system
------
FLAGS+= -D__CK_SNDFILE_NATIVE__
LIBS+= -lsndfile
SF_OBJ=

------
# by default, ChucK uses a custom skeleton libsdl for joystick
support...
# uncomment the next 2 lines to use libsdl on your system
------
FLAGS+= -D__CK_SDL_NATIVE__
LIBS+= -framework SDL

=====

best,

--
akihiro kubota <akihiro.kubota at nifty.com> <ak at societyofalgorithm.org>
algorithmic improvisor/digital materialist