[chuck-users] I must be missing something

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Apr 4 00:01:26 EDT 2006

Hi Eric,

> I want to use ChucK to control a bunch of MP3 files according to GPS
> data for a project that I am doing. However, I cannot seem to get sndbuf
> to open anything. I converted my MP3 files to WAV and AIFF (both of
> which look to be supported) with LAME, but still no luck. What am I
> missing?

What errors are you getting?  What code do you use to open the files?
Also, what platform are you running?  sndbuf should be working okay for
wav and aiff.  If there are problems, it might due to big/little endian
issues, i.e. compiling chuck for linux over powerpc, which requires a
little tweaking of compiler flags.

I am sure we can work this out.

Best,
Ge!