[chuck-users] I must be missing something

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Apr 5 01:24:25 EDT 2006

Hi Eric,

> I have decided to go a different route with my project. I am going to
> use iTunes for what it is good for (managing and playing encoded audio),
> perl for what it is good for (parsing GPS data and talking with
> databases), and I would like to ChucK too.

Sounds wise.

> Ideally, I would like to inject ChucK right before the sound from iTunes
> hits the speakers. I would like to play with the pitch and the panning.
> Is this possible? If not, can you think of another way to accomplish my
> goal?

If you are running OSX, you can get audio from iTunes (or any other audio
program) into ChucK using Soundflower or Jack (the OSX version of Jack is
still relatively early in development), or another application level
audio routing software.

     http://www.cycling74.com/products/soundflower

If things work properly, then the output of iTunes can be received and
processed using ChucK's adc input.

Best,
Ge!