[chuck-users] dorkbot-chicago tomorrow

Tom Lieber alltom at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 22:49:59 EDT 2006

On 4/10/06, Graham Coleman <gc at gehennom.net> wrote:
> Also, the tutorial that I was working on is in an almost-adequate state.
> I'd appreciate any suggestions on content, presentation, more reference to
> introductory materiel, etc:
>
> http://ravelite.org/chuck-notes/tutorial.html

I've worked through it through 1.4.A, and two things have come up:

1) I wasn't sure how to use the scale.ck file, but after messing
around (and checking the language spec for something like 'include') I
tried "chuck scale tut01" and that got me going.

2) The following code sounds weird when played, like it's missing a
note somewhere near the end:

Scale sc; // The provider of scales
StifKarp inst => dac;
[0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15] @=> int mel[];

for(0 => int i; ; i++){
        std.mtof ( 12*4 + sc.scale ( mel[i % mel.cap ()], sc.maj ) )
=> inst.freq;
        inst.noteOn(0.5);
        300::ms => now;
}