[chuck-users] Windows XP - setting chuck.exe to "realtime" priority

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 11:10:02 EDT 2006

On 4/21/06, David Powers <cyborgk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Number 2 wouldn't happen in a performance, but number 1 certainly would
> occur, and would seem essential for live coding, at least until audicle
> reaches a really stable point in its development.

Speaking of Audicle and performance, has anyone gotten Audicle to run on
Windows XP in a way that didn't stutter?
My laptop is 2GHz and has 780 (or so) MB of ram and every time I touch
anything related to the interface it stutters and interface updates become
unbearably slow. Even typing code is next to impossible. At some point there
will probably be some optimalisation and cpu's can be expected to become
faster but this doesn't seem right. My laptop is aging now but I can't
imagine that everybody else is running cpu's that are several orders of
magnitude faster.

In the demonstration videos it looks like Mac's are used, could it be that
some sort of Mac speciffic optimalisation was used that didn't translate so
well to IBM compattibles? Did I simply miss some video related settings? I
don't understand any of the video card's settings, it's been years since I
played games on a pc, the last video card with 3d settings that I understood
a little was a monster 1 with 4 MB. I'd be very gratefull if somebody with
some knowledge of those things could at least give some indication of what
to look for.